Saturday, July 1, 2006

All done!

I received a certificate as I left the radiation office yesterday. It was for completing my radiation therapy treatments!!

I already feel better. I do not know if it is psychological or not, but my stomach feels better too. Jake asked me if it felt good to be done. I said it did, but I do have to make the trek to Dallas two more times next week. One for a muga test on my heart to make sure it is back to post-chemo/radiation condition. And one to meet with Dr. Hayley to hopefully go over all the tests I have been having and follow up with her on my continued treatment. Then, I cannot possibly go to any more appointments as I will be out of town until late July!! Yea :) I will love the break, and the kids are so excited.

During my last week of radiation, my mom would come get the kids and take them for dinner. It was a big help so I could rest after treatment. The girls, however, think it now happens every night. Last night Jake made dinner and Bryn said, "I want to go with grandma. I'll wait."

A cousin of a friend has been on my heart lately, her name is Jennifer. Her cancer is pretty serious; please pray for her, her doctor's and her family.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jessica -- Congratulations on finishing your treatments...we can hardly wait to see you all in Portland.

Love,
Lynne

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess,
Congratulations! I think you have earned a spa treatment ( =. Looking forward to seeing you soon also!

Love, Janette

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jess! I hope you and your family have an awesome 4th of July!

Love
EJ Nash

Unknown said...

I am glad that you are done with your treatment. It was nice to see you and the family today. Now will you come and be the cook for my household since I am the Prince of Amohalko, which is the kingdom that was started 18 centuries ago. Jake can be the head of security for me, oh wait maybe he can just be the one that can play video games with me and make fun of me. Or how about this job, you can help me out when it comes to dates. Amohalko will live forever, if not in the world, in the hearts of man forever. Talk to you guys later.
Love,
Prince Jeremy Ryan Butler