Friday, September 18, 2009

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday Jessica. I know that in life, you never wanted attention on you. You never looked forward to your birthday the way I look forward to mine. You never wanted to be the birthday person that has to do a silly dance or be sung to at a restaurant. You never thought one day should be all about you. One year ago though, your birthday was really special to me. It wasn't about growing old or what we got you for a present: it was about being thankful for one last birthday with you. I have no idea if they celebrate birthdays in heaven but if they do I'm hoping you have a big one there and have your best friend Jennifer over. We love you, we miss you, and we wish you a happy birthday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know she is looking down with pride on her amazing family. You continue to touch lives with your story....

Anonymous said...

Praying for you today...

Anonymous said...

Jess...I for one would make you stand up on the chair at a fun place to eat and let all of us sing HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you.

I miss you bunches, and hope that you are smiling in heaven right now.

Love,
Uncle Mike

Shelley said...

Happy Birthday Jess . . . I love you and I miss you terribly.

Anonymous said...

I know Jessica was instrumental in getting me to gallop around Joes crab shack on a stick horse for my birthday!

We celebrate you and the way Christ touched so many with His love through you.
Happy Birthday Jessica

Alpha 1 Vann Clan said...

We talked about Jessica at the LABC Women's Retreat at my small group table. . . how she was always so interested in making Jesus apart of everything she did as a wife and mother. About how many lives both of you touched when you taught preschool Sunday School. Thank you for sharing her with us at LABC. Happy Birthday to Jessica! Tell us how you and the girls did getting through the birthday day. Thinking of you all and praying for you.
Kim