Sunday, February 17, 2008

Happy Valentines Day

Katelyn went to a school Valentine dance at her junior high.  I love when she curls her hair (these days, she wakes up early to make it straight as a board).  I also love low key dances, without dates, and wearing casual clothes--jeans.  She had a fun time and spent the night with a few friends.  I heard they stayed up until 4 AM!  


Jake took Jadyn and Bryn to his school Valentine dance this past weekend.  They went out to dinner,just the three of them, before the dance.  The girls felt beautiful in their red dresses.  Jake said their favorite part of the dance was eating many cookies, and getting their pictures taken! 

One of the other teachers brought her son, Cody, to the dance.  Cody and Jadyn happen to be in the same kindergarten class too!  They are great friends and look so cute pictured here!


Below is Jadyn and Bryn in their Valentine outfits heading off to school.  I am thankful I can still dress them in matching outfits. I wonder how long that will last.



Bryn's Valentine party at her preschool!



She loves me to be there. I have to tell her to go play at her party, because she spends a lot of the time coming back to me to give me hugs and kisses. In two weeks, she will have another program at her school, this time with a Patriotic theme. I have her sing the songs for practice, and the only one she can remember is America the Beautiful. She is so sweet when she sings it. Then, I ask her to sing another song in the show. She never remembers any more! So, I say, you better remember more songs for the show. She said, "Mom, as soon as Mrs. Hanson starts singing, I remember the song, just like that!" and then she snaps her fingers. I thought, that happens to me too. Good thing we have "Mrs. Hanson's" in our life to help us remember important things. I, for the last TWO years, have been involved in a program called, MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers). They have never changed start times, not once. And, yet, each month, I struggle to remember if it starts at 9:00 or 9:30. Almost always, this involves calling a friend for confirmation. As I write this, I am still not 100% certain of the correct time.  

I had a treatment a week ago Friday.  I happen to get sick around the same time.  Just a cough/sinus infection I guess.  My counts were fine to have chemo, but my doc gave me a z-pack just in case.  I am glad I had it, because I felt horrible over the weekend/early week.  I am glad I feel better, as it is no fun feeling wiped out exhausted when you just wake up!  Otherwise, chemo went fine.  I have a PET scan Monday the 25th to see if it is working!! I pray, pray, pray that it is.

We have a short week with Presidents Day tomorrow and then Friday I am off to Florida for two days by myself!! I guess by myself is used incorrectly, as I will be with thousands of other women at the 8th annual Young Survivors Conference for women diagnosed with cancer under 40.  I received a scholarship to be able to go that will cover everything but my food!  See www.youngsurvival.org for details about this great organization.  I have spent several hours of my life on the bulletin boards of this site.  It has been so helpful to just read about other young woman and the unique struggles we have dealing with the daily roller coaster that continues, cancer or not!   There is a special section on the boards for young, metastatic cancer survivors.  Even more of a connection with these ladies...

Love to you all,
Jess


2 comments:

Natalie said...

Love the pictures of the girls! I hope you have a great trip to Florida and I can't wait to see you at MOPS on March 3rd at 9:30! :-)

Amy Lynn said...

Your girls are just adorable!

Amy (kentuckygirl)