Wednesday, April 27, 2005

A beautiful day!

Today was a wonderful day of chemo! My appointment with Dr. Haley was so encouraging. She re-measured the lumps she could feel...the lump in my lymph node under my arm was measured at 4 x 4 cm three weeks ago. Today, she had difficulty finding it, but felt a small remnant at only 1 cm!! The lump in my breast was measured 8 cm x 6 cm. Today, she re-measured at 5 x 4 cm!! The first round of chemo was very successful, and Dr. Haley was quite pleased. She is keeping me on the same dosages and types of chemo drugs, and still at 3 week intervals. Her thought is to hit them hard and fast. She also gave me an additional drug to take for nausea that I can take right away that will help with symptoms faster than before. Dr. Haley wants to continue altering my drug/nutrition regimen to make it so I have no noticeable side effects! I am continually amazed at the advances they can do now. By the way, you might have heard about the latest breast cancer breakthrough on the news today about a drug that they have found overwhelming success with, Herceptin. UT Southwestern (the hospital I am going to) led the research on this drug and it is one I am already using! I feel so blessed to be at this hospital and this doctor. Thank you all for thinking and praying for me today. I even had a fun time at chemo while Tessa, Julie and Hope kept me laughing all day! It was a beautiful day!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jess,
I am so excited about the results. God is definitely at work here! keep on keepin' on.
Love ya,
Beth

Anonymous said...

Jacob, Jessica, & precious girls,
God is Good! I was thrilled to read about your results today.
I am amazed at your abundance of faith. Your faith and walk is so inspiring. Thank you for sharing with all of us your walk through this journey. May God continue to bless you, and thank you all for being blessings in my life.
I love you!
Carrie Patchen

Anonymous said...

Just goes to show that when prayers go up (especially as many as are going up for you), those blessings come pouring down!
-laurie

Anonymous said...

Praise God!!!

Thanks for the updates!

Love,
Jessica Strength

Anonymous said...

Jess-
That is awesome! You are going to win this race... Thank you for the time you and Jake spend updating us, I love reading your progress. Take care and know we are praying.

Tam

Anonymous said...

The power of prayer is alive and well...so happy to hear your update! We will keep lifting your name up...

Gina Pierce

Anonymous said...

This is the Day the Lord Has Made let us Rejoice and be Glad in It!!!
Psalm 118
We are thilled that you had such an amazing report and a comfortable day of treatment.

Love,Aunt Lynne and Uncle Dave

Anonymous said...

Jess, my dear,

There are so few people in this world who can call a day of chemo "a wonderful day." You are a strong, astounding woman and a blessing to this world.

Anonymous said...

Awesome news! Y'all encourage me with your hope and positive attitudes. I just want you to know that nearly every day, the Lord gives me a scripture to pray for y'all. We missed y'all in SS last week!
Jeff

Anonymous said...

Hi Jess,

I just got back from a convention in Georgia and read the most wonderful news about your cancer and treatment. God is a good God and He truly is bigger than this problem. It's such a blessing to watch Him take care of you. Jim is in California and will probably call you and Jake from there.

With love and constant prayer,
Donna and Hannah

Anonymous said...

Jessica,

It was so good to see you at church today. I love to see your beautiful smile. You are such an inspiration to me. Thank you so much for sharing through this blog. Wow! God is good!
love you,
Cherie Stephenson

Anonymous said...

Jessica,

I was sitting here reading about your results and I am in tears. It just amazes me how faithful our God is. Our 432 group prays faithfully for your family and we love you dearly! It was such a priviledge for Coy and I to get to know you guys in the last year. Your family is an inspiration to us all and we praise the Lord that you reflect so much of His glory!
Love, Mandy and Coy McIntosh

Anonymous said...

Though we have never met, we are already sisters. Sisters as young breast cancer survivors and, more importantly, sisters in Christ. Remember that each day that passes is a day that you have survived! Alyson has kept me up to date on your progress and I stand amazed in seeing the work of God. Know that you are in my prayers! I know that it's in those quiet moments when you'd are too tired to sleep that the terrifying thoughts creep in and take over, if we let them. One verse helped me over and over. I've known it forever, but it's meaning is so different to me now.
"Be anxious for nothing, but in prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known unto God. And the PEACE of God, which surpasses all understanding, shall guard your hearts and YOUR MINDs in Christ Jesus." Claim His peace!
Blessings to you and yours!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Jessica,
It was so great to see you at the benefit. You look so good and strong. You are so blessed to have such a wonderful and supporting family. I am so blessed to have known your mom for so many years. She is such a good friend and she keeps me up to date on all your wonderful results. You and your family are in my prayers daily. Keep that beautiful smile on your face.
Love, The Minnis Family