Monday, May 2, 2005

Yes, As a Matter of Fact their Daddy did Dress Them

Jess and I are moving in opposite directions. She is feeling like she can go out and do stuff today, but I am feeling like I need a really, really long nap. Having said that, this time around it has been much easier. For one thing Jess did not get as sick this time (not as nauseas, no throwing up). I think she was a little more tired this time, but there is a simple cure for that: rest. On my end I had more people helping out this time with more stuff (like getting the kids dressed in the morning-- did I mention I have three girls? Boys I hear do not care if there shirt and shorts match let alone whether or not there shoes and hair scrunchies are color coordinated). Jess spent the first two nights at her grandmother's (better known by my kids as MeeMaw) and then her dad from Portland came in for the weekend to help take care of her. Jess's hair was supposed to fall out two weeks after her first treatment but it is just now starting to fall out. Fortunately she looks really cute in hats. Herceptin has been on the news lately as the latest, greatest drug to help with chemo: I think it's pretty cool that Jess is already on it. The two chemo drugs she is on (if you are interested in that sort of thing) is Carboplatan and Taxoteer (both of which I am sure are horribly misspelled). Jess' s next treatment is May 19th.

2 comments:

GloryandGrace said...

To Jessica and Jacob~
I don't know if you remember me, but I sang with my mother at your beautiful wedding. I have prayed and thought of you both ever since, and the Holy Spirit has interceded all the more in recent weeks. Know that I think of you often! If you'd like to keep in touch, I'm at www.gloriousgrace.blogspot.com
Grace and peace in the name of Christ Jesus~ Jennifer Bass

Anonymous said...

Jessica:
I met you officially at the dinner the other night, but I had you pegged the minute I saw you. You looked so much like your beautiful Katelyn! I teach with your beautiful mom. (Did you know you had such a beautiful family?)
I also wanted you to know that I had a 'vision', sort of, while watching you graciouly greet everyone. Have you seen that commercial where a man comes out of his house to get the paper and his wife is literally "on his back"? (I can't imagine how they filmed it!) It's really cute. She continues to stick to him never letting go until he agrees to have some sort of test he should have.
At the dinner, I could see your angel literally stuck "on your back". I'm sure she's still there and won't let go. I'm also sure there have been times you could feel her arms around you comforting you and hear her whisper in your ear reminding you of God's love for you. I figure that Jake has his own angel watching and talking to him.
God is so good. I pray for His continued guidance for you and your family and doctors every day. Be nice to that angel on your back!

Karen Bonjour