Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Bad News and More Bad News

Jess went for a check-up to see how she was doing, and it was not good. First of all the Lovenox and cuematin are working, but Jess still needs the Lovenox shot. We're down to one, and we're having difficulty getting the next round of them. The worst news is that Jessa's infection has flared up around the port and they will consequently have to take it out on Friday. She'll have to get another port put in a different place but we don't know the details yet. Jess won't be able to lift the girls again for a few weeks because of those two surgeries. Because of the infection, she will not be able to take chemo this week (she'll do instead next week). The bright side of this is that next week is my last week of school.

Here is the rest of the prayer calendar as promised:
5/17 Pray for Jessica to be saved by the Lord's hand Is 59:1 5/18 for anti-nausea drugs to be effective Matt 9:35 5/20 Pray they would rest in the Lord Ps 37:3-7a 5/21 Pray the Lord would ggive Jessica strength 5/22 Pray for Joy Is 55:12 5/23 Pray that God would be their rear guard ans satisfy Is 58:8-11 5/24 Pray they would know the Lord is near 5/25 Pray they would be anxious for nothing Phil 4:6-8 5/26 Pray they would cry out to the Lord and be healed Ps 107:19-20 5/27 Pray they would trust God's plans Jer 29:11-14a 5/28 Pray they would know Jesus better 5/29 Pray for protection from the evil one II Thes 3:3 5/30 Pray for good sleep and rest Prov 3:24 5/31 Pray their faith would be enlarged II Thes 1:3

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jake,
We are praying for Jessica, and you and the girls. Hang in there. This is a slight blip on the radar that will go away soon.

Thinking and praying for you.
Janette

Anonymous said...

Dear Jake and Jessica,

Words cannot express what feelings I have whenever I read your updates. I think of how God's word says that sometimes the Spirit speaks for us in groans, for what we cannot say. My Spirit must be groaning.
You have such a "Powerful Peace" about all that you have experienced. That is the fruit of the Spirit, I am sure. Your faith is an inspiration. God is using you as an example to others.
When I think of your sweet family, I think of laughter and happiness in the face of the trails you have been experiencing. I know one thing is certain, God is with the Kaylor family and He is blessing all who know you. You are an example of what God wants us to be. Thank you for touching my heart, and for allowing us to be a part of your prayer requests and praises!! I pray we will have much to praise God about in the next few weeks. May His love and peace abound in your lives and may He bring full and complete healing. You are awesome!! Much Love,
Shelley Meier

Anonymous said...

Oh Jake -- we realize how disappointing this setback is for Jessica, you and the girls. Take a deep breath and know that you are not alone as you take your next step. It was good to learn that you are almost done with school and will soon be home to catch your breath and be there to lift the girls.

Let all your spirits be lifted and comforted in these next few days.

with care,
Lynne and Dave

Anonymous said...

Jessica and Jake,

I think about and pray for y'all all the time. I check the postings everyday. If you need any help or Jessica if you need me to go with you on any trips to the hospital, just let me know. I know you have lots of helpers, but let me know if you need me.

Wendy Casas

Anonymous said...

J&J-
Hang in there,"Bad News & More Bad News" will only cause WIG hair to become gray! I am praying for you both and that extremely GOOD news will come your way.
Love you all,
Tammy Whitlock

Anonymous said...

Jake & Jessica,

You don't know me but I am a friend
of Janette's in NY. I follow your journey (thank you for sharing!) every day & you are in my thoughts & prayers constantly. Please know that your family is an inspiration to so many.. God Bless you!!

Kristin Severino

Anonymous said...

Kaylors,
I see the blessing in this setback-
Jessica can attend her benefit dinner at Wood, the last week of school is hectic,and she'll not have to deal with the chemo treatments until school is over.
I think the benefit dinner will lift you all up to get through this infection and God is working on this. May the powerful peace only He can supply continue to cover and comfort you. You are all so loved! Call us if you need us.
The Patchen Clan
817-468-2160
patchenpcmrh@aol.com

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you were able to go home. I fully understand the part about sleeping in your own bed and eating "real" food. I too spent a lot of time in the hospital when I fought my cancer as I had unforseen compliations...a kidney that tried to shut down. I'm so glad you are home. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time. Love, Laura Sweet aka "Aunt Laura"

Anonymous said...

Jessica and Jacob,
We are sorry for the set back, but know that the Lord will do a great work in your lives. As you have blessed others I know the Lord will continue to bless you. We miss you all and wish we could be there to give you a big hug and to pray together. But we will send you all hugs and pray here in El Paso. Thank you for the blog it helps to keep us updated and it blesses our spirit.
In HIs love.
Elena