Friday, May 20, 2005

Smile muscles under attack

We had such a beautiful evening last night that even this morning, my smile muscles still hurt from smiling and laughing! Our family attended a benefit last night in our honor at Katelyn’s school, Wood Elementary. I know I am biased because we go to Wood, and my wonderful Aunt Sandy is the principal, but there is something so different and special about Wood. It is the people. The people who surround me with care and love and support, and who would do just about anything for me. You all inspire me to be the type of person I want to become.

The event was so beautiful and personal, fun and uplifting, with good food and great people, a super band, and an awesome raffle.

I was so very touched to see so many of you there. I am continually amazed at God’s provision. I stand in awe at how so many of you come up to me and offer help. I know the girls would all have a place to go and play each day of the summer if I took each of you up on your offers! The amazing thing is, I know that I could call and, you would help. You are not just trying to be nice and helpful. You are nice and helpful.

Lately, I’ve tried to take in moments that become like snapshots in my head; I have new ones from last night:

  • My aunt Sandy sharing our story up on the Wood stage
  • Watching Jadyn and her cousin Kaylee holding hands and swinging there arms all around the cafeteria.
  • Seeing Jadyn and Bryn dancing with the music
  • Looking out and seeing so many of Katelyn’s past (and future) teachers lovingly working for this event.
  • And so many more… it was a wonderful evening.

Thank you Donna for organizing it all…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jessica -- I so wish we could have been there to share the evening with you all. It sounds like it was quite amazing. Be sure to take your friends up on all those wonderful offers to invite the girls to play this summer.

We have you in our thoughts and prayers as you have the port removed today.

Love,
Aunt Lynne