Friday, May 13, 2005

I shot my wife

Last night I had a lot of trouble sleeping. I think it was a combination of being excited about Jess being home, being used to sleeping an empty bed, and not thinking about the cancer more whereas before I am thinking a lot about Jessa being stuck in the hospital. I went to bed about 10 PM but fell asleep a little before 3 AM. On a positive note the girls were exstatic to see Jessica. All three of them started right away on filling up on the "mommy time" they have been missing.

Jessica's sister, Hope, is a nursing student who gave Jessica's lovenox shot this morning. However, Hope is leaving for the weekend and so guess who got to give her shot tonight. Now, in Jessica's defense she has been extremely brave through all of the previous trials and tribulations she has faced. However tonight she had more drama than a daytime soap opera. You would have thought I was about to do brain surgery. And yes she did survive.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jake -- maybe this qualifies you for your nursing certificate. Jessica -- so glad to hear you are home and enjoyng the time with Jake and the girls. Have a great weekend with Cindy and we send our hugs!!!

Love,
Dave and Lynne

Kathryn Young said...

You know, Jake, I don't think I'm ok with you shooting Jess - I mean I've seen your aim when it comes to pillow-throwing and such, and I just don't know that you're ready for the advancement. I mean, granted - it's point-blank range and all, but truth be told - you've got questionable skills in this area! ;o)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jake & Jessica,
My name is Angella and I'm your Aunt Suzanne's cousin. Grandma Myrtle had 2 daughters, Sandra and Lois. My mom is Lois. I want to send my love and encouragement. I'd love to email you if you want to give me your address.

Love, Cousin Angella
kelemena@pacbell.net