Monday, May 30, 2005

Jess

There were a number of serious medical problems that Jess could have been experiencing yesterday. Among them fluid on the lungs, a heart attack, and internal bleeding. After these were ruled out, the wonderful E.R. doctor (Dr. Nelson) diagnosed her with severe acid reflux. Since acid reflux has the same symptoms as more serious problems, a number of people who think they are suffering from acid reflux are really having a heart attack and consequently do not recieve treatment in time. I am so glad that it was reversed in Jessica's case. During the CT scan yesterday some of the tracer leaked into her arm causing her arm to swell up. Her arm is still swollen today but getting better. She has been keeping ice on her arm and taking Protonix for her reflux. She has also been getting the rest she needs, hibernating bears would be jealous. She has, however, somehow been able to keep tabs on what is going on. For example at one point while she was sleeping two family members were talking about what they wanted Jess to do at which point Jessa's eye lids fluttered open and she said I am NOT going to do that. I am amazed at how strong my wife is when she is weak.

One last thing. Yesterday I felt like God was forwarding my prayers to people. The best example of this is when I really just wanted to complain but without hurting anybody's feelings. Too often yesterday I was frustrated at someone but it had more to do with me than them. Right then the phone rang and I was able to let all my frustrations on someone who didn't mind.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jake and Jessica -- what a stressful few days!!! It was great to learn that all is settling down. We wish you a few days of peace and rest. Know that as always, you all continue in our thoughts and prayers. Remember that you are supported by so many people and we hope this gives you peace and comforts. Hugs to all.

Lynne and Dave

Anonymous said...

J & J,
We are glad to hear that Jess is resting, how are you doing Jake? WE are in constant prayer for your strength, healing, patience, and God's will in your life. Have a super day and feel His glory upon you.
The Whitlock's

Anonymous said...

Jake and Jessica,
Reading the blog this morning I was reminded of Christ's words to Paul in 2 Corinthians 12:8
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
May His power continue to be made perfect in your weakness.
Love,
Amy and Erik Bangsund

Anonymous said...

You're welcome, Jake. I know we all need a chance to vent every now and then - if you ever need to again, I hope you let me know, or better - I hope God lets me know again!