Sunday, May 8, 2005

Mother's Day

When I told Jadyn that we were going to see mommy she said, "I'm going to give her a big hug" and that is exactly what she and her sisters did. They have really missed her as this is the first time they have seen her since she went into the hospital. I meant to stay just an hour as Jess really needs her rest, but we ended staying thirty minutes longer. It was really hard leaving, knowing it was the right thing to do, but also knowing it's not just the kids who miss her. Jess is spending tomorrow at Zale too. A big praise is that her fever is down. Keep praying that she is able to keep the port in. Katelyn is spending the night at her grandparents which I am hoping will take her mind off Jess. I kept her here yesterday and she was a big help with Jadyn and Bryn, but then she turned into a toot, mostly because she misses her momma so much. Jadyn and Bryn are here tonight (in fact they are both already asleep), but they will spend tomorrow with Janet (thank you if you are reading this Janet-- the girls and I love you) while I am at work. Jess throughout this whole thing has been very positive and kept up her spirits (I know how hard today must have been for her)-- she is an amazing woman who is not a quitter.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jake, Katie, Jayden and Bryn...hugs to you all. I am so glad you got to visit Jessica( your Mom) today for Mother's Day. I know you made her day very special. I loved the time I spent with you all this weekend.

Love and hugs,
Aunt Lynne

Anonymous said...

I continue to lift all of you up in prayer. You are truly an inspiration!
April Becker

Anonymous said...

Jessica & Jacob --
My prayers are with you -- Jessica for God's healing hand and that you'll have strength through this ordeal. Keep thinking positive thoughts and picturing your body cancer free -- those Pac Men (medicines) are destroying the cancer!

Jacob -- that God will bless you with the energy and strength you need to take care of and support Jess and the girls. And remember hair bows that don't match the outfit aren't the end of the world. (grin)

Health & blessings,
Susan