Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Argh!!!!!

Jess got the OK from the doctors to come home, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. It seems that insurance covers the blood thinner shot in the hospital because its covered under the hospital benefit, but the shot is one of the medicines not covered under the pharmacy plan. This means she has to stay in the hospital so that she can get the shot she needs-- at the earliest that would be Thursday. We are trying to get a waiver from the insurance since they are actually costing themselves more money than if they simply decided to cover the shot. Although Jess and I are going to get through this together, I feel like screaming and crying at the same time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jess and Jake! Dealing with the insurance company sounds so extraordinarily frustrating. It's so amazing when a company's own stubborn bureaucratic policies end up costing the company more money than if you were simply allowed to do the sensible & cost-effective thing! I hope that your reasonable request quickly finds its way to a reasonable person with decision-making power and that you, Jess, are quickly allowed to both get the medicine you need and be home with Jake and the girls! Until then, I hope you can dwell peacefully in the silver lining of rest.

With love,
Krista

Anonymous said...

I send my hugs and shared disappointment that the insurance company has added one very unnecessary step and delayed Jess's trip home from the hospital.

Hopefully today will bring better news.

Love,
Aunt Lynne

Anonymous said...

Jessica,

I am praying you will get out of the hospital really soon. I can't believe how troublesome insurance can be sometimes. Once again, I want you and Jake to know that you are both inspirational to me and many others.

Wendy Casas

Anonymous said...

Jessica and Jacob,
I am so happy to hear you are finally home. We have been praying for you, as you are on our minds often. You are an awsome reflection of Christ. The way in which you are are dealing with this journey is inspiring. You should write a book after you are all well. I know it would help others to see your faith in action. We wish we could be there, but know that out here in the desert we are thinking of you and praying for your complete healing to the Glory of the Lord. Say hello to Katlyn for me, tell her a miss her cheerful personality.

In His love,

Elena Burdan