Tuesday, May 24, 2005

A Hug in the Mail

Yesterday we got a package in the mail from my Aunt Suzanne, but didn't get a chance to open it until today. My Great Grandma B. used to send us crazy stuff in the mail. Ads from newspapers, cracker jack prizes, towels from hotels, you name it. My aunt used to get these packages too from Grandma Buchanon, and she felt like it was getting a big hug in the mail. In the spirit of our relative that has since passed away, my aunt mailed us a package with all sorts of stuff in it. She's not as crazy, but we enjoyed her package just as much.

Yesterday night, Jess and I got to go out on a date. It is awesome being able to spend time with her when she is feeling good and we don't have to worry about anything for a little bit.

Today was a little crazy at school-- they are restless as a husband staying awake worrying about his wife. It was a little crazy at home too-- Jessa was definitely stressed. Katelyn wasn't feeling so good, and the Yikes were taking out lots of stuff but nor putting it away. As I was putting down our girls to sleep after a long day; Bryn kept saying the same thing except I couldn't hear her because she had her pacifier in her mouth. I lean over, exasperated, and tell her to take her pacy out. The only thing she wanted to say was " I wuv you" (she can't say her "L's" yet). I think it is moments like those when God gives me the rest he promises.

The last thing I would like to say is if there are any Wood teachers reading this who helped out at the benefit dinner thank you so much for volunteering your time last Thursday night. I find it simply amazing that you found time to help out during possibly the most busy and stressful time of the school year.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Wuv" the pictures!!
Keep up the smiles.
Janette

Anonymous said...

Jake and Jessica -- so glad to read you got to go out on a date and enjoy time together. Summer promises to bring many special family times. The pictures sure made me smile!!! Hugs to all.

Love, Lynne

Anonymous said...

Jake & Jess-
The girly pics are too cute. Jess, it is so good to see the positive smiles, God will give you strength and WILL pull you through this. Jake, I don't know how you are doing it, Dad, Husband, Teacher, Mr. Mom at times and I'm sure the list gets longer! Hang in there, we are praying daily for you both. Enjoy each other.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess,
We will be thinking of you during your treatment on Friday - praying for a success!

All our love,
The Yetters