Monday, May 23, 2005

Two days left

It is a huge relief to have only two days left of school. Normally at this point in the year I already have everything finished as far as it goes for exams, grades, and getting my room set for summer, but it has not been a good couple of weeks for getting stuff done at school. I am so glad (once I get done the zillion things I neef to get done) that this is going to be relatively calm week at home and that Jess's chemo is not until the day after my last day of school.

Last Friday was incredible because Jess was lying on the operating table all prepped for surgery to take the port out (a bad thing) when he felt around the port and coudn't feel an infection. She got to keep her port in. Keep praying for the infection to dissipate though because it seemed to be flaring up again this morning. This Wednesday we are having the final benefit dinner at Lake Arlington Baptist Church at 5:30. I have been very proud of Jessica because although she is extremely shy and doesn't like being the center of attention, she has been both cheerful and brave at the last two. The most amazing thing for me has been that we have not asked anyone for help; everyone has asked us if it would be alright if they helped us.

One last thing, Jess went to the store yesterday and came back with Breast Cancer Toulet Paper. My guess is the reason they partnered with the Susan Koman Foundation is that they want to wipe out breast cancer (you can go ahead and groan now).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jake,

Wish we could be there to help you do at least one (if not more) of the zillion things you have to do! From the offers I have read in postings, I bet you could find some people there, that if possible, would help clear a few things off your list.

We continue to send prayers, and good thoughts your way. When you hug Jessica and the girls good night, give them all an extra squeeze from me.

Love,

Anita