Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Live, breaking news

I feel like I am reporting live from the scene of the hospital nurses station...

I have found one benefit to staying at the hospital for so long, I am learning this hospital inside and out! For example, when I came into the hospital, I was stuck in my room, watching CNN, attached to an IV and eating just what they gave me.

Now, I can discovered I can "order" practically whatever food I want, I have a VCR I can watch movies from, I can wander the halls to see beautiful downtown views, I can go down to the 4th floor outdoor atrium, I can ask for a diet coke with good (Sonic-esque)ice anytime I want, I can get my IV taken out by asking nicely since I am off my IV meds, and now I can use the nurses computer to check my email and write to you!!

Now if I could just get a suite for my husband and girls, I just might enjoy my stay a little longer! That and getting a "Do not distrub" sign for the door and I would be set!

But really, I am feeling good, resting up, but ready to get going. Pray now for my body to quickly react to the Cumoden (sp?) pill. My blood needs to be between a level 2-3 for the doctors to feel comfortable discontinuing the Lovinex shot which works to thin my blood to prevent futher clotting. Normal blood is a 1, and it takes 5+ days for the Cumoden to work. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers, phone calls, and also, thanks to all of you who are for taking care of my husband and children in my (long) absence! You are all much appreciated!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jessica,
Leave it to you to make the best of everything. You are truly an inspiration to everyone that you have touched. You have no idea the impact you have on the hundreds of people that read this site, that don't even know you. You are the wind beneath all of our wings. Keep up the positive thoughts. We are praying for you and your family. Looking forward to the posting that you are home! All my love.
Aunt Janette

Anonymous said...

Jess-
I know you are missing your family, but enjoy your rest and time... Can you get roomies!?!? I am praying for you all. Take care and we love you.

Tammy

Anonymous said...

Jessica,
I learned about you through our pastor in Rome, Ga. I've had to take coumadin for 7 years everyday. In March I had a breast biopsy and had to have the Lovinox shots also. They wouldn't let me bring them home and give them to myself, but did allow me to come home, and I had to go back to the hospital everyday for a shot until they got my blood like they wanted it. I know what you are going through. I am a mother of 4 children. My prayers are with you.
Linda

Anonymous said...

Jessica -- great job making the most out of your hospital stay. I am so glad you are able to check your email and know how many people are praying and thinking of you, Jake and the girls.

Order something really great for lunch....hopefully you blood level will be perfect today and you can head for home!!!

Love,
Aunt Lynne

Anonymous said...

Jessica,
I have read your website. I enjoyed seeing pictures of you and your family. I was touched by the heartfelt journal.

Ridge, my husband, works with your dad, Bob Moody. They are good friends.

Ridge and I pray for your healing every morning. We pray to God to heal Jessica.

Lisa Taylor

Anonymous said...

Jessica,
I know I'm much older, but is there anyway I can be just like you when I grow up?! Your courage, faith, gentleness, and wisdom encourages me so much. Thank you to you and Jake for allowing us to go with you on this journey. Not only am I encourage by you, but also those that love you. Hang in there! I know it's hard being away from your girls and your awesome soulmate Jake! Call us if you need anything. I know you have many to help, but just in case you have it in writing to contact us. 817-468-2160 Also, patchenpcmrh@aol.com
I love Jess!
Carrie P.

Anonymous said...

Jessica,

I am so glad to hear that you are getting out of the hospital. Yea! I have been thinking about you all day. I wish I could have come to see you but, I was not able to work that out. Have a super weekend.

Wendy