Friday, May 20, 2005

Unexpected good news

Well, I went into Dallas this morning fully expecting to have an infected port removed. However, as usually happens just when you see the doctor, my symptoms were markedly less.

I am sure you many of you mothers have shared this similar experience with me: my child seems to be tugging at her ear while screaming; I call the doctor and insist to the nurse that my child be squeezed in at her earliest convience; I then make it to the doctor only to have my child sit beautifully in the office while the doctor can't find a thing wrong with her ears...

Well the surgeon couldn't find a thing wrong with my port! He said we can talk later if it swells up again, but we were going to leave well enough alone. Huge praise! It was going to be quite a hastle to have it out/put back in, etc... so I am very grateful for this unexpeced blessing.

Another good thing was that they scheduled my next chemo round for Friday the 27th. A whole week away! I am looking forward to a good, calm week before treatment!

While I was in the office, and my doctors conferred, they decided I needed another core biospy to clear up an decsrepancy with the earlier biopsy. It will affect my treatment options in the future, so please be in prayer that they would get a consistent and clear result with this test.

Thank you all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jessica--
WOW -- do you know how to send out good news!!!! What a wonderful surprise after expecting to have the port removed.

Have a great weekend and week before your next treatment.

Love,Aunt Lynne

Anonymous said...

Jess and Jake,
Do you realize you average 190 hits to your blog sight a day! So many prayers, plus those that aren't connected. I am going to send you pictures of those in New York that are posting and praying, so you can put faces with names. I had the honor of going with Amy to chemo on Wednesday. Between you and Amy, you have this disease beat. Keep the posting, we are watching for them. You are in our thoughts and prayers - always!

All my love
Aunt Janette

Anonymous said...

Jess! What wonderful news! Way to go girl! Keep up the good work.
My prayers continue for you and your family.

"Aunt Laura"

Anonymous said...

Jessica,
God is so amazing! I am so glad to hear the great news. I know you must feel the prayers that surround you daily. You all are an inspiration to us all.

The Burdans

Anonymous said...

Hey Jessica,

Your experiences are really being used by God in my life to build my faith. I was praying for you this week specifically that the Drs. would be surprised to find nothing wrong with the port and not need to remove it. Yea! God still does miracles. I am so happy for you about this.

Wendy Casas