Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Well Rested

After I got the kids situated last night(thank you my mother-in-love and also Shelly and Lisa), I went to see Jessa. I had taped Katelyn's choir concert on Monday night that Jess missed, and so we were able to watch that together. Katelyn kept making faces at people she wasn't singing and I got close-ups on most of those. It was great to hear Jessa rolling with laughter. Katelyn sang great. It's the closest thing we'll get to a movie date for awhile. We went on a walk together to the visitors lounge and got a spectacular view of downtown Dallas. It was really nice to forget about our troubles for a little while. Today, at lunch I talked to Jess again and it seems that the insurance company is adamant about not covering the shots. If you'd like to cheer her up with a visit(she might stay throught the weekend), go East on I-20, N on 67 (which turns into I-35) exit Market Center and turn right, stay in the left lane so you'll be going in the right direction when it merges with Harry Hines. When you see Parkland hospital, park because Zale Lipshy is right next to it and Parkland is much more noticeable. Jessica's infection around the port is getting better although there is still a possibility it might be taken out. It could be months before the blood clot goes away, but the medicines are neutralizing any threat of harm. Jess is definitely feeling well-rested and is back to a normal energy level, and the doctors told her that she can do any lifting or physical activity now (I told her she should watch one of those exercise shows, but the idea of doing aerobics in a hospital gown doesn't appeal to her).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jessica, I'm so sorry.. You're a very great and intelligent woman.
WE love ya

Anonymous

Anonymous said...

Jacob,
This Debbie Beckham from Walnut Ridge Baptist Church, Ridge Kids where the girls are on Tuesday and Thursday. Just want you to know I am here for you anytime. Lori Swinney has my home number. I pray for you and the family contineously. You have some sweet sweet little girls Give my love to Jessica. The girls have spot at Ridge Kids next fall.