Tuesday, October 4, 2005

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Two wonderful things were given to me this past week. As this month is Breast Cancer Awareness month, the MOPS (Mothers of Pre Schoolers) group I just joined put together a basket for me and another woman undergoing treatment. So many women brought items to be placed in this beautiful, bountiful basket! When I saw it, I was in disbelief, and so very touched. It was filled and overflowing with lotions, bubble bath, books, CD’s, candy, candles, bags, earrings, bracelets…Each item was so carefully selected, and I will treasure them all. It felt like Christmas looking through each item! The girls had fun looking through it all too.

Then, the directors of Jake and my Sunday school class, Kim and Aaron Vann and their two children, found a bracelet while out shopping and felt led to buy it for me. Brighton is a jewelry/accessory store that makes a unique bracelet each year for Breast Cancer Awareness month. They only sell them in October. It is stunning. I have had it on since they gave it to me. It is covered with fun charms, my favorite of which says “You are a miracle!” I feel like that every day.

Go buy something pink! My family teases me that I wear it 24/7!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super Target has some great Breast Cancer Awareness merchandise. It ranges from $1 for cards and notepads -$10 dollars for a cute shirt! All proceeds go to the Breast Cancer Research.
Jess, you look great in pink! It radiates that Heavenly glow that you have!

Amy Sayegh said...

Who knew they made so much pink stuff. I love it! It's always been my favorite color!