Monday, December 5, 2005

Infection update

Hi there! Jake always asks me to write, and I say, "I have nothing to say!" So, before he asks me, I am going to write to tell you of my doctor's appointment concerning my port infection. I saw the doctor this morning. He said that it was indeed an infection around the port line, but he was content to treat it with the anitbiotics I've been on for the last few days. If it does not get worse, he will leave well enough alone. If it gets worse, he will take it out. This is my second port already, so I am praying for this infection to clear up on its own.

I still have no side effects from the chemo pills I take daily. I have even stopped watching my hands for signs of peeling or tingling. I put lotion on them still about 3 times a day, but thankfully no signs yet!

I am trying to get motivated to put up something that resembles Christmas in my house. Right now, I still have a fall wreath on the door and a pumpkin on my table. I'll get something together, but it might be the week before Christmas at the rate we are headed! Can anyone relate?! Decorating requires cleaning, which also requires time! The girls are so excited about Chirstmas and Santa and baby Jesus. Bryn said the other day while eating breakfast, "I think baby Jesus is hungry too!"

Take care,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have a pumpkin on our table and a tree in our livingroom. I'm not sure if it's worse to have no decorations or mixed decorations!
We love you so much and pray for you daily.

Anonymous said...

Hugs and prayers for your port infection to fly away...Christmas will come with or without decorations.

with love,
Aunt Lynne

Anonymous said...

Did you hear that Mark is already packed?

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Aunt Janette

Amy Sayegh said...

Hi Jessica,
Your decorations sound like mine, turkey centerpiece on my table, mixed with candy canes. We continue to pray for you.
We had brunch with Aunt Janette and Uncle Gene last week. It was very nice. I know they are all anxious to visit for Christmas. I'm going to Nebraska. 1st time in a year since going through all this. Have a blessed Christmas, and don't worry about the decorations, just enjoy your family. If you don't put up a tree, you don't have to take it down!
Love,
Amy