Friday, July 22, 2005

Bryn's Second Cast

I had a really nice birthday yesterday, and I'm really glad my mom was here for it. There is only two months of the year that I get to be the same age as my wife, so I'm looking forward to being twenty-nine with her until her birthday on September 18th.

Bryn had two things wrong with her arm: nursemaid's elbow and a fracture just above the elbow. Yesterday, the doctor put her elbow back in place (ouch) and this morning (after we got the results from the x-ray back) I took her to get the fiberglass cast. Bryn has done really well through this and I'm really glad she didn't change her mind about the cast color after she got it on (it's purple). She did just tell me though that she is ready to take it off.

Jess and my mom at our at the salon getting pampered. They both got facials and haircuts too. I haven't seen my mom yet but Jess said it's a really cute bob. Jess's hair was similair to a new born baby's very short, soft, and thin: she got it buzzed. Even without seeing her, she is undoubtedly as beautiful as ever.

I'm looking forward to tonight. Originally my good friend Kelly Walker and his son-in-law Justin were going to come over and put in a ceiling fan for us. That has blossomed into a big get-together. Before we found out that Jess had cancer, she watched Justin's little girl Rylie. The Yikes grew really close to her, and they are really excited that she is coming over tonight along with her sister, her mom, and Kelly's wife and son. It is going to be a full house tonight, and I love having people over at our house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jake and Jes,
I just got off the phone with a prayer warrior.She's six years old and her name is Meridithe. Meridithe,her brother,her mom and dad have been boldly and faithfully praying for Jes and our whole family.I was so excited to get to tell them the wonderful things God has done in our lives.
Love,
Mom
PS Thank you, Meridithe, for taking care of my little girl. You are a blessing to us.

Amy Sayegh said...

Hi Jake and Jessica,
My Susannah's birthday is the same as yours, Jessica! That is a very special day for me! My aunt Diane's b-day is also the same day, she reads your blog from Omaha, NE. Now it is a day when I will always think of you as well!