Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Cancer...FLEE!

I am writing you today because I am very mad at this thing called cancer. In just the last week (actually 4 days) I have learned of three dear people just diagnosed with cancer. The father in law of my friend Lisa was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer. My friend Sheri was told she has thyroid cancer, and most recently, my friend and counselor at Katelyn’s school, Sharon Whitt, is having surgery tomorrow for cancer that has shown up in her abdomen lining and ovaries. Please pray hard for these people. I have felt great victory in my treatment so far. I know that these three friends will find victory as well. I will keep you updated.

Tomorrow is my appointment with Dr. Haley. I have many questions to ask concerning my future treatment. But I am sure I will forget some, so if you want to respond with a question I should ask, feel free! I also received a call that my results of the genetic test are in, so I will find out that info Thursday as well.

Thank for you praying for me, and thank you for praying for my friends. We can tackle this horrid cancer by banding together, helping to meet each other’s needs, and joining in prayer, prayer, prayer. You are all awesome and a big blessing to us.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jessica,
I just wanted you to know that I look at your Journal daily and you are always in my thoughts and prayers.

Julie
From the MAC

Anonymous said...

Jessica,
Oh how we are praying for each one of you!! I gave my questions to Aunt Sandy, so be expecting them! We will be thinking of you during your visit with the doctor, as well as during your treatment.

As Sandy says, I Hate Hate Hate Cancer!!!

Thinking of you,
Aunt Janette

Anonymous said...

As always you are all in our thoughts and prayers. We will especially be thinking of you tomorrow.

Love,
Lynne and Dave

Anonymous said...

So fun to see you doing an awesome job at kick boxing at the Y!!! What an inspiration you are!

Anonymous said...

Jess & Jake-
You never cease to amaze me, you're genuine heart is awesome. God is Blessing me by reading your words of wisdom every time you write your BLOG. Hope the appointment went well and the results were promising. Praying daily.

Anonymous said...

Dear Jessica,
Cancer is a microbe, that can be removed from the body with ozone therapy. Follow the advice of your
oncologist but keep this option open. Over the internet, find an
ozon therapist near you and follow the treatment. Stay positive and feel free to email your picture to me at: abcbooks@cytanet.com.cy
Do not hate anything or anybody but stay calm and hopeful. God gives us Ozone naturally, each time there is Thunder & Lightning.
Do not worry, God is the best healer I know. Positive thoughts and prayers from Axel.