Saturday, July 30, 2005

Plenty of Prayer (needed)

You need to read the comment on the post just before this one. By the way Jess and I always read the comments on the current posts (unless you tell us about it as one friend did, we don't go back to check the comments on old posts) and we both find them encouraging.

Jess and I had a wonderful retreat this weekend. Jess told me something really sweet on the way home. She said that she liked spending time with the kids, but that she really loved spending time with me.

Just a few days ago I talked about we handled Bryn's broken arm with practically no worry. Well I must confess that I am having difficulty leaving next week in God's hands (please pray for me). First of all I am starting work again on Monday for some staff training. It's not the training that has me stressed out; it is the idea of starting another season not at home during work hours and added stress as I again begin to teach junior high.

Then, after my second day of training I fly out for my sister Heather's wedding. I'm pretty excited about going, especially because she is picking me up from the airport and I haven't been able to see much of her as she has been finishing college and doing crazy things like doing scientific work on islands. The flip side is that we have been waiting on a date from the hospital for a check-up for Jadyn's hip, and we just recently got it... the morning after I leave. Please pray that her hip has fully formed and does not require surgery, pins, or any further treatment.

Then, Jess has chemo on Thursday. Please pray that I am able to turn the care of Jess and our kids over to our Sunday school class and Jess's family. Also please pray (are you getting tired of those two words in this blog?) that our kids will adjust well to whoever is watching them and also to temporarily not having both of their parents, that Jess will be able to relax (in fact if you just want to spend all of your time praying for that one that would be fine), and that the chemo/prayer would kick the cancer's butt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jake -- have a safe and refreshing family trip to celebrate your sister's wedding. As always...we sometimes need to be reminded to let go...and Let God. It sound like there will be plenty of that this week. We look forward to seeing Katelyn in Portland and will continue to have you all in our thoughts and prayers this week.

Jessica...we send our love, prayers and support. It is great that you and Jake had a little retreat.

Love,
Lynne and Dave

Anonymous said...

Dear Kaylors,
The steadfast love of our Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end. They are new every morning. Great is His faithfulness.

We pray for you daily and will continue to lift up your needs this week, trusting God will provide for all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

He is the God of all comfort and the Father of compassion. Our prayer is you will experience Him in these ways this week.

In Christ's love,
Amy & Erik Bangsund