Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Jessica is Home!

When Jess told me she was coming home soon yesterday in a-I'm-still-feeling-sick-as-a-dog voice I didn't believe her. What a surprise then when our family was outside and my mother-in-love pulled up with Aunt Sandy and out from the back seat pops Jess. Jadyn of course ran right to Jess and gave her a big hug. Bryn (who is constantly cracking me up) runs right past Jess, and instead screams "Grandma" and gives Jess's mom a hug. Then of course she turned right around screamed "Mommy" and gave Jess a big hug.

Before she came home, Jess kept saying over and over again that she doesn't know why we are making such a big deal this time about her being sick this time. To hear her tell it; she was barely sick. (Jess if you are reading this do not read the next line, but skip to the next paragraph) As for the rest of us, we think she got sicker faster and more intensely.

However, she is doing so much better for her first day home than she has ever done before. In fact she went and played volleyball tonight. And as I am typing this after midnight, she is still chatting away with my mom and our lovable (albeit a bit hyperactive) friend Katherine (OK Katherine now you can stop bugging me to write about you in the blog, and there is no need to respond to the hyperactive part in the comment section). Seeing as I am outnumbered gender-wise once again and strangely I seem more tired than Jessica I am going to bed while Jess continues to be the Engergized Bunny. Good night.

1 comment:

Kathryn Young said...

Ok, so I don't need to post a response to the "hyperactive" label. (A little overdramatic of a title if you ask me, huh, so that's where Kaitlyn gets it!) But I would like you to note how I spell my name, and for the record, I'm hurt that after how many weeks of 432 do you not know how to spell it by now? Geez, that's what you call friendship, Jake?! or Jacob - either way I know how your name is spelled!

Jess - thanks for a fun night, and great conversation. I hope that it won't come back to haunt you tomorrow and that you will feel as good then as you looked and seemed to feel tonight. Thanks for opening your home to me, I love our late night chats, even when Mondays came early - I'm so glad you're willing to put up with me and share in my stories and struggles. You are an amazing friend, example, leader, and counselor. My life was missing a whole lot before our friendship formed, and I am so thankful that God blessed me with you and all that you've been and done for me since we met last year. You never cease to inspire me. Thanks for letting me in on the journey! It's been an extravagant blessing.