Monday, July 11, 2005

I just got back from my having a Gully Washer 7.11 oz Slurpee. I have no idea why they called it Gully Washer, but it was good and now I feel even better knowing that 7-11 is again doing their free aniversary Slurpees today. Jess and I are excited about this Thursday because Dr. Haley is going to talk about treatment options now that we are down to two tumors. Jess is also going to get her 5th round of chemo on the 14th. Personally, I think we should give the tumors names. Not nice ones, but mean ones like Damien or Cruella-- however Jess is opposed to the idea so they will be forever namelss the rest of their (hopefully short) lives. Before this idea when they were lots of tumors, I had the idea (and this one I am completely joking about this obne) that each person praying for us could pick a different tumor. Then when the tumor went away we would put a tatoo (or possibly with a permanent marker) the name of the person that prayed for the tumor. Although we didn't do this (of course) both of us really do appreciate you praying for us-- it makes all the difference.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jess,

I agree these evil things don't deserve a name however it is cool to think about how strong prayer is. God is awesome and is in control of you life Jess! Hang in there my sister! We are still praying for you!

Darla

Anonymous said...

Jess and Jake,
What a sense of humor. Laughter is excellent therapy and a gift from God. Those stinkin' tumors aren't funny, but in the midst of it all God allows us to have a positive, calm, faithful attitude. We can find joy, even in cancer. I pray for you every day, more than once.
Love you, Love you!
Mom
PS I agree with Jess. Let's not name the evil tumors. They're not worth the effort.
:)