Friday, July 29, 2005

Retreat and Shopping

Along with several women from our Sunday school class, Jess has been planning a marriage retreat for months now. I knew it was coming at the end of summer, so I while I am excited about coming I am a little distressed that summer is almost over. The retreat starts tonight and we come home tomorrow night. The theme is "Survivor." I know that they are basing it off the reality tv show, but I can't think of a more appropriate theme for Jessica.

We took Bryn for a checkup on her arm this morning. Jess asked the doctor if Bryn was predisposed to breaking bones since this is the second Brynny has broken an arm, but the doc said her bones look great. Apparently, Bryn has already gotten the two most common broken bones in a child of her age-- I don't know what the third is but I am hoping we don't find out.

Katelyn came home from camp today. She didn't waste any time in playing with her sisters. It was very sweet because Katelyn used to play store all the time with Jess when she was about four (notice I said Jess-- I play a lot of things with the girls but store is not going to be one of them). Jess would be the shopkeeper (complete with foreign accent and dressed up too) and Katelyn would be the shopper. Well today, Katelyn was the shopkeeper and Bryn and Jadyn were the shoppers. It was neat seeing the Yikes as delighted with their purchases as Katelyn was six years ago, but it was even neater seeing Katelyn pass "store" on to her sisters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jessica - Hi. I'm Tim Kennedy, Janette's pastor from New York. Maybe you've heard from your cousin, but you've been in my prayers constantly throughout my visit to Israel. There hasn't been a town or village, from Dan to Beersheba (or Bathsheba, as I mistakenly wrote Amy Sayegh) where I haven't been tugging at the sleeve of God for your cure; there's even a note to that effect in a crevice of the Western (Wailing) Wall. God bless you. And my prayers shall continue even when I return to Yorktown, although someone has suggest that from Jerusalem, prayers are just a local call!