Thursday, August 4, 2005

Chemo day

Today I had my 6th round, accompanied by my sister Hope and friend, Jessica. We had a good time together. Actually, I should say they had a good time while I slept all through our movie, True Lies. I woke up for the climactic ending.

Dr. Haley had to write down her notes onto two pages this morning. We had a lot of appointments to make. The week of the 15th (of course it's the week school starts!!), I will have appointments for a MRI of breast and underarm, CAT scans of various other parts, a bone scan, and an meeting with the surgeon, Dr. Euhus. Then on the 22nd my doctors will present my case to a board that makes decisions about further treatment. I've said before on the blog, but I love that they all work as a team. I will meet with Dr. Haley on the 25th to get her update and to get started.

Even though I know the next days are hard, I am comforted by the fact that this is the last round of this type of a heavy "3 week" dose of chemo! My sister is spending the night with me tonight because Jake is still out of town. My Aunt Sandy has coordinated the rest of the weekend to have us all covered.

Even though I am so happy that Jake is spending time with his family in
Maryland, we miss him here too. Jake usually does the whole bedroom routine. It starts with pj's, teeth, and ends up in bed with a story, a few sips of water, and special daddy hugs and prayers. I am attempting my best to fill in, but it is challenging. During our story of the 3 little bears, Jadyn started crying...screaming crying. She said that daddy makes the bears go "Grrrr", not "Roaaar". She actually screamed this message to me and covered her face in the covers. After the story, I just lay down with her and rubbed her face as Jake often does, and she drifted off to sleep. Jake gets home Sunday night, and I hope it is in time to tell her a good night story!

Thanks for your prayers.

3 comments:

Carla said...

jake and jess,

I just started reading your blog yesterday. you are both really incredible. I'm sorry I haven't followed the blog from the beginning - but I'm glad I can be a part of it starting now. although I have been continually praying for you since spring break, now I know SPECIFICALLY how to pray. and my heart can empathize with you and feel your joy through the transparancy of your words. thank you so much for posting all of the ups and downs so that we all have a Christian example of how to hold on to Jesus during the scariest parts of our lives. I'm glad to call you friends.

love,
carla

Anonymous said...

Jess-
You lift me up everday when I read your blog... You & Jake need to think about writing a book on "How to make others smile and laugh!" You are God's awesome example to many- THANK YOU.

Anonymous said...

Jessica,
The week of August 15th when school starts back and your family are returning to work I am available please call if I need to care for the girls I will come to the house so they can be around their own things. Hold on to Jesus.
Debbie Beckham
dbeckham@sbcglobal.net