Sunday, August 7, 2005

Playing Catch-up

My flight got delayed tonight, so I missed tucking my girls in tonight-- I didn't realize Jadyn appreciated my bear sounds so much. For me the blog, has served as a "catch-up" for me since Jess is fast asleep in bed. I didn't even know she was home-- and she didn't either-- she jumped put of bed about three feet in the air then went right back to sleep. I think this time has been particularly trying on her-- I have been calling her everyday for a few minutes (just long enough for her to know I have been thinking about her and short enough for her to get her rest) and her "I'm fines" have been sounding weaker and weaker. I know part of that has to do with not being able to keep down food this time around.

I had both an enjoyable and interesting trip. I got to see a ton of Heather and Terry (who I had never met before) which was fantastic. I also got to spend a lot of time with my dad. It just happened to be underneath his house in the dirt with water pouring down on me. You see my dad bought an old house from the 1920s and has been fixing it up. It just so happened that he chose to replace the old copper and iron pipes with PCVC ones the day I got there. We started in the morning and worked non-stop until the next morning. I took a shower about 3:30 AM utilizing the water pipes we put in and it felt wonderful. Actually I really enjoyed helping my dad put the pipes in and the rest of the time I got to spend with him and the rest of the family.

Heather's wedding was beautiful. She arrived in a horse draw carriage and got married in a garden park. She designed all of the boquets and table arrangements and I must say I was very impressed. I am very grateful for my Jessica approving of the trip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome hone Jake and hugs to your girls. A Special hug for Jess and we so hope she is haivng a better day today.

Love,
Dave and Lynne