Thursday, February 1, 2007

New treatment today



This is a picture of the sculpture that awaits me every time I go to treatment. It is beautiful and reaches to the tall ceiling. It is a nice beginning to my day. However, my official beginning is when I am greeted my the valet service. The greeters there are so friendly and welcome me like a friend of the family. They remember me and treat me so nicely. I thought I would take pictures of my chemo experience for you. Since I forgot (and I can't really claim chemo-brain as I was forgetful before) I will post a picture from the website for now. I will try to remember to take pictures next week.

Chemo today was fine. I so enjoyed time with my mom who accompanied me this time. It was the first time for me to take this particular chemo (Abraxane) so we were met with a slew of different people explaining the drug and its potential side effects. Dr.Haley really downplayed the side effects, so I got a lot more information today. I am actually fine (and better off mentally) to know the side effects up front. I am, of course, praying that I do not get any of them. But, at least I won't be shocked one day with "My hair is falling out!!!"

Today took about 3 hours from start to finish. I think next week should be even shorter. I do not have to go back for a white or red blood cell booster for now at least. I thought that was the original plan from Dr. Haley last week, however the chemo nurses' did not have an order. I asked a few times with no great results, so I guess I will wait until I see her again to clarify. My counts were fine today and I am in no hurry to rush out to Dallas two days in a row.

My grandma was able to watch Jadyn and take her to school, which she loved. Bryn had school today and it was western day.



A few days ago it snowed and I have not been able to figure out how to post on my new computer. So here is our pathetic, but fabulous snow.



Jadyn and Bryn made a snowman. The snow was so powder-y that it was hard for the girls to gather the snow. I had to have Jadyn point at the snowman so I could see it in my camera's viewfinder! Bryn, upon seeing the snow in the morning, proclaimed "It's Christmas!" Yes, in her mind, Christmas had finally arrived at the Kaylor house! Thank goodness. Now, we can put up all the decorations!

I will try to be better at posting in the coming days. Thank you all for your prayers during this new (successful!) treatment.

We love you all,
Jess

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess,
Thanks for the quick update. You save me checking with 10 people throughout the day. We are all thinking of you over here in New York, where we have had NO snow to speak up. I think the boys would be happy (and jealous) with your snow. They do this thing when they sleep with their pjs inside out, spoon under the pillow and socks under the bed - yet no snow, but a lot of missing silverware and socks.

Thanks for the pictures, keep them coming.

Love to all, and thinking of you.

Aunt Janette