Monday, February 2, 2009

Busy as a Bee

It was a busy day yesterday. I ran into my friend Tom Shieves at the grocery store and found out he was writing a book about his involvement in the Panama Canal expansion. I offered to edit it as its something I really like doing for friends. I finished up the edits early Sunday morning. It was a really cool paper and I was glad to get the opportunity to read and edit it. Then in the afternoon, we went over to friends' house and ate lunch. They have older girls so they invited us over for the Yikes to try on dresses for the upcoming Daddy-Daughter class. They both found cute ones. Then we were off to a birthday party. From the birthday party we went to my soccer game. It was a close one-- we lost 4-6. From there, we went home again for me to shower. We grabbed dinner at Subway and then went to be with family to watch the Super Bowl. What a game it was!


Today was much more relaxed. The hardest part of today was going to the viewing for Sharon Whitt. I was so glad I went but it breaks my heart for what her family is going to have to go through. Sharon was an amazing woman with a hear for others-- a kindred spirit of Jessica's.

2 comments:

Al Rearick said...

Just more prayers for you and the girls, restful nights and stress-free days. More thanks for allowing us into the lives of you and the girls. Your kiddos are truly a joy!

It was a pleasure to see you tonight; thanks again for allowing me to just sit, listen, and yak with you for awhile.

In Him and around the corner (and enjoying the blessed feeling I get whenever I get the chance to hang out with you guys),

Al

Al Rearick said...

I see you're a fan of Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Does that also extend to the TV show? In other words, do you know how to defend yourself against someone who attacks you with a piece of fresh fruit? For breakfast one morning, will you serve egg, sausage, spam, spam, spam, bacon, spam, spam, and spam? Did you ever expect the Spanish Inquisition? Has anyone from the Ministry of Silly Walks paid you a visit? Did you...

Right, stop that! That's silly! He's clearly using someone else's jokes to clog someone else's blog, when he should be reading his devotion and getting his family around! Carry on!

In Him and around the corner (and now for something completely different (right, stop that!))

Al