Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Busy Busy Busy

I need to do what my Aunt Jacque recommends and just breathe. There's been nothing unusual lately, but I feel like my time is being sucked up by a giant vacuum cleaner. For example tonight I went to Katelyn's cross-country meet after school, picked up Jadyn from after school care (Bryn went with a friend), made dinner, paid bills, helped Jadyn and Bryn with homework, gave them a bath, and then bam it's almost nine o'clock.

Jadyn had her first soccer practice of the season yesterday. I'm still coaching her team and looking forward to another great season. I really like coaching her team because I feel like the families of the girls on the team are part of my family too. I also like acting like a nut with the kids by playing lots of games that keep them interested in getting better at soccer.

Bryn has been writing "Brynnie" on her papers at school lately which I think is very cute.

Tomorrow is the last day of grief support at Gilda's for the Yikes and me. I'm so glad that Gilda's was able to bridge the gap until the whole family starts The Warm Place in early March.

3 comments:

Al Rearick said...

Early March can't come soon enough. There are some wonderful people who are taking Facilitator Training right now, and I so hope the girls get to work with some of these folks. Their stories have been heart-warming and heart-wrenching. Y'all are gonna be in good hands!

Still in my prayers. Hope to see y'all soon.

In Him and around the corner (and hoping),

Al

Al Rearick said...

{{{sigh}}} This'll teach me to post at 1:22 in the morning....

I should've said what Facilitator Training is. It's the training that folks go through to work at the WARM Place.

In Him and (zzzzzzzzzz)

Anonymous said...

Dearest Son-in-Love,
Jacque's right, don't forget to breathe. I could use that advise myself. And don't forget you have someone a few blocks away that you can call on at a moments notice, who would love nothing better than to make your life just a little bit easier. I know you and the kids have your lives packed full, but Grandma is always ready, willing, and able to love on Katelyn, Jadyn, and Brynnie so Dad can get a little rest. Please never forget that.
Love you so, so much,
Mom