Sunday, February 22, 2009

Nice Things about the Yikes

I haven't forgotten about you dear reader; I have just been incredibly busy. We have been making a habit of visiting The Neighborhood Grill on Saturdays at lunch. Bryn's basketball games have been at noon and Jadyn's have been at 2 or 3 so it's a nice stop in between. It's just a hole-in-the-wall, but they have the best snow cones. It's a nice memory for me because there were times that the only thing that tasted good to Jess during chemo was a White Coconut from there. Yesterday, Jadyn was at a party so it was just Bryn and I. The woman who always takes our order innocently asked if my other daughter was with my wife. When I told her about Jess, I found out that she had lost her mom to breast cancer.

Bryn and Jadyn were adamant that I write something nice about them on the blog. Bryn is playing basketball for her first season. Yesterday she stole the ball from another little girl, dribbled it up the court, and shot the basketball. Normally, it doesn't come close but this one hit the rim. Jadyn is super sweet with babies. We went and saw baby Cade for the first time today and Jadyn did a wonderful job of holding him.

Finally, Betty came home and we got to see her today. She brought up that it was Jess that first noticed her shortness of breath back when MeMaw was helping Jess go to water therapy. Betty is looking great and getting up and around.

3 comments:

Al Rearick said...

Well, Annie commented on how adorable they were, and how their smiles just lit up the room. She mentioned that Bryn was very sociable and talkative, but that Jadyn was kinda shy and quiet.

I am so glad that Betty is home from the hospital. I hope this means she is doing well! If your Aunt Sandy is reading this, please know that y'all have also been in my prayers for her quick recovery.

As always, y'all continue to be in my prayers.

In Him and around the corner (and hoping to do more than just pray and clog yer blog),

Al

Anonymous said...

You are doing an awesome job with your girls. They are so lucky to have you as their father. Your making wonderful memories that they will cherish forever. PM

Anonymous said...

I love that place! The burgers are just yummy and everyone there is so nice. Have not tried a snow cone yet - not really my thing, but I am sure they are great!!! Sounds like you have a busy weekend every weekend, and know that we are all praying for you guys on a daily basis.