Thursday, January 19, 2006

When I grow up

Jadyn's cast off appointment has been made for Feb. 20th. We found out today that she will stay in the hospital for at least 2-3 days for rehab to get full range of motion back on her hip and legs. We recieved no rehab for her last cast, so I have no idea what to expect. However, we are now counting down the days until the 20th ( 38). Jadyn is doing great during the day. She is still having some issues at night; but they, too, seem to be getting a little better.

Last night, Jadyn and I were laying in her bed talking. I asked her what she wanted to do most when she got her cast off. She asked me, "now or when I grow up?" I started with now. She said she wanted to do gymnastics. I asked her what she wanted to do when she grows up. She said she wants to be a teacher. (No surpise there, she's surrounded by us!) I asked her what kind. She said she wanted to teach about insects. I told her that would be a science teacher like her Aunt Sarah (Jake's sister). She said, "Yes, just like her." I love to hear all the girls talk about what they want to be when they grow up. If you ask Jake, he will tell you that I still talk about what I want to do when I grow up too!

On a sad note, my feet were hurting a lot today. I will be thankful to have a week off the medicine as of Saturday. Thanks for your prayers.

No comments: