Tuesday, June 7, 2005

Busy as a Bee

It has already been a busy week for us. Jadyn started "Nature School" at River Legacy Park. This weeks theme is winged bugs (which makes me glad that Katelyn is not enrolled in it). Although she loves going the mini-camp itself I think the neatest thing for her is that she is the only one doing it. Since the Yikes (Jadyn and Bryn) are so close in age (2 and 3), they do almost everything together. I'm glad Bryn is so easy going because Jadyn frequently says something to Bryn like " I get to go to nature school, and you don't. You have to stay home with mommy and daddy." Bryn doesn't even seem to hear her and keeps right on playing. Katelyn is playing summer basketball, so we signed her up for basketball camp this week because she has never played organized basketball before. She is also playing indoor soccer and Jadyn is playing t-ball for the first half of summer and soccer for the second. I don't think that Bryn will be as easy going when Jadyn starts playing soccer because she loves kick and dribble the ball. In fact, she sometimes wants to go on the field when Katelyn is playing. I like staying busy because it keeps my mind off Jessa's cancer, but for Jess time is going to quickly-- she feels like the next round of chemo is going to be here before she knows it.

About a month before Jessa was diagnosed with cancer, I remember telling a good friend of mine that for me God doesn't speak through other people-- if He wants to tell me something He'll just tell it to me. Well not only does God have a sense of humor, but he also knows I am a lot happier when I am humble (for that matter those around me are a lot happier when I am humble too). For this reason I think He has remained silent in our private conversations with regard to Jessa's future. However, He has told a few other people what her future holds. I remember specifically telling my friend, "No way is God going to tell someone else when he can just tell me." Well, within a few weeks of Jessa's diagnosis, God told a teacher at my school, our pastor's daughter, and a woman in my mother-in-love's and Aunt Sandy's BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) group that it would be hard, but Jess would be OK in a year. For that reason, we have been praying ever since that Jess would be OK in a year. It has already been a hard year, but Jess and I both have hope. There is a story in the Bible where three men are asked by their king to reject their god and worship himself instead. When the three men, Shadrack, Meshack, and Abendego (spelling?) refuse to do that they are thrown into the fiery furnace. Right before they go, they are given one more chance. Their unanimous reply is that God will save them. I believe that God is choosing in this instance to heal Jessica completely.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jess,
I would encourage you to go to www.hacres.com and read the comments/testimonials about breast cancer. God chooses to heal people in odd ways sometimes... one man in the Bible was asked to wash in the river to remove his leprosy and he was healed. Jesus put spit in a man's eye to heal him. Jesus came to heal- physically and spiritually. I believe this group (Hallelujah Acres) is letting people know that. I think that at the least, turning to God's food- not the world's junk food- will strengthen you for chemo, etc. if you choose that route. God has already given us so much healing if we will only grasp hold of it.
I am the spouse of a cancer fighter and God is giving us the victory as well.
Blessings to you and I will continue to pray and think of you often.

Anonymous said...

Jake,
You are so humble! As I read your stories I think of how unselfish you are and how lucky Jess is to have you. Keep your faith STRONG and God is the ONLY way to get through this.
P.S. The "Hair Club for Jessica" is awesome...