Saturday, June 25, 2005

Jessica is Home Early

Jess came home earlier than I thought she would (last night). The new matress pad and pillow didn't go over as well as I thought. At MeeMaws house the beds are extremely soft. In fact her husband, Popo, knows someone who makes mattresses and so their beds feel really, really good. I should have waited until the next night to put the pad on. Then the conversation could have gone like this: First night, "This bed feels terrible; like a board" Second night, "This bed feels like a board with a mattress pad on it. It's not so terrible." The pillow went worse. In addition to getting a temperpedic pillow, I had gotten an allergy-barrier pillowcase to help with Jessa's year round allergies. I didn't take into account Jessa's hypersensitive nose. "It smelled" she announced (it's now in the garage airing out. As for the pillowcase, it crinkled too much. Needless to say, she did not sleep very well (did I mention the CD I got to help her sleep has a scratch on it). However, I am OK with failing. Through this whole process, there will be even more failures because I am not going to stop trying to make Jessa's life more comfortable. Do you think she would like a water bed?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jake -- you are amazing..you are being such a great husband and support for Jessica. I am sure she appreciates all your efforts and how nice that she is home with you and the girls.

hugs
Lynne

Anonymous said...

Jake-
Hang in there! You are such a huge blessing to Jessica and she couldn't do it with out your support. Just think if Jess didn't have something else to focus her mind on, she would be bored!!!! Take care of each other.