Sunday, April 6, 2008

Phillipians 2:3-8

I got to go to church this morning that is just getting started here. It's pretty neat because the family that is starting it also helped start the church that Jessa's sister, Jennifer is going to in Grandbury. The lesson this morning was on putting others first instead of focusing on your own selfish desires. This lesson is lived out in you dear reader. As you take time out of your day to focus on us instead of yourself, you become a bit like Jesus who is the ultimate example of putting others first. If you want to read the passage, here's the link: http://bibleresources.bible.com/passagesearchresults.php?passage1=Phillipians+2%3A3-8&version1=31

The rest of today was spent packing up. We will have a limited amount of space on the plane so we threw out quite a bit of stuff. Jessa's dad is in from Portland and he did a lot of the work as his personality is bent towards organizing. I am super excited to get this done as it means we are one more step to getting closer to Texas. I love to think that at this time tomorrow we will be flying towards Dallas.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy, this trip is really a long time coming. I am so thankful that it is time for you to fly home, as I am sure that you are missing your girls, and so many others. Please know that I am continuing to pray for you all right now. I will pray for a safe and uneventful flignt. I also give God the glory for his provision in getting you back to the Lone Star State. I will pray for you, Jess, that you are comfortable and not anxious. Take care and know that so many are praying for you (all).
Gretchen

Anonymous said...

I pray that you have a safe and comfortable flight. Those of us who read your blog daily, feel blessed to be honorary members of your family....and we'll all be on that flight with you.
Mil

Anonymous said...

You look amazing! I know you are so happy to be coming home. I am so grateful God provided you with excellent care while you've been away. As Sunday ends I will pray for safe travel for all of you. (no bumps in the air so to speak! lol)
Patti

Anonymous said...

Bonne Voyage :-)

Tessa said...

Seriously, I am thinking that for price of the ticket you should be allowed all the space you want! I am praying for an eventless flight. Love you guys and hope to see you in the next couple of weeks. HOME JAMES!