Sunday, December 28, 2008

Bye Bye Mirage

Last night Bryn couldn't tell me what her nightmare was about, so I just laid down with her until she went back to sleep.

I sold my car today, a '98 Mitsubishi Mirage. I've been driving it for years now, but it was Jessa's originally. Jessica had a string of bad cars but this was her first good one, probably because it was new. I went with her to pick it out while we were dating. When our family got bigger we traded in my aging Eclipse for a Sedan and I've been driving it ever since. I think your wife should always drive the best car so she's always gotten the newest one. It felt really weird driving her Honda Accord at first, but it made sense to drive the better car. I haven't been driving the Mirage anymore and a friend of mine wanted something to keep the miles off his truck with good gas mileage so it made sense to sell it. Originally I was thinking about keeping it for KK but she refuses to drive a stick and she still has heart set on a Mustang.

The best thing that happened today was one of Jessica's friends, Joanna came by. They were best friends in elementary school until Jess moved to El Paso after a few weeks of going to Young Junior High (where I teach now). The Yikes are usually shy when they first meet someone but not with her. I had a late soccer game tonight so she graciously watched them while I was gone. I think they fit in a whole day's activities into two hours.

No comments: